Terms and conditions published: 2 November 2017.
Please read these Terms and Conditions before you enter into a transaction with WheelAir at Staels Design LTD. On acceptance of your order, it will become a legally enforceable agreement therefore you will be automatically agreeing to our Terms and Conditions. After reading if you still need anything clarified then please contact us on 0141 432 0425 or info@WheelAir.co.uk.
Be aware that these Terms and Conditions do not replace your statutory rights under the Sale of Goods acts. They are only designed to clarify the principles and procedures by which we operate for our retail customers. At Staels Design we always seek to serve our customers fairly. Therefore, if a problem occurs we promise to always try to find a speedy and amicable solution.
WheelAir is the brand name for the product created by Staels Design LTD.
2. Changes to these terms
We reserve the right to revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting and changing the effective date. So please note that you are bound by any such revisions. Thus you should keep visiting this page to review the current Terms and Conditions to which you are subject to.
All transactions are conducted in pounds sterling. If you are unsure about the conversion rate to other currencies, please email us with the details of your order and we will calculate the likely price in whichever currency you wish. Therefore, payments on this website will always be processed in pounds sterling but your credit/ debit card will be charged in your local billing currency by your provider.
4. Payments & Security
Your payment must be made on sale. No WheelAir will be dispatched without payment being fully processed and received.
The payments for orders placed through our website are by either Paypal or a Credit or Debit Card Transaction via our Secure Server. When purchasing your WheelAir from our website, your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 256-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 256-bit SSL encryption is the current industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security policy then please get in touch with us.
Please bear in mind that card transactions are processed when you place the order. This may be some days before we send your WheelAir to you.
If you’d like to make a direct bank transfer, please contact us and we can send you an invoice with our bank details.
5. Paying By Instalments
By purchasing a product on our instalment plan you agree to pay the full purchase price of the item and a small interest fee. This is 4% of the VAT inclusive product price.
The full product will be shipped to the customer upon receipt of the initial order and first instalment payment.
Payment for each instalment will be collected automatically each month on a recurring basis for the length of the instalment agreement (3 or 4 months depending on which plan you are on), through the stripe payment gateway. You will be reminded of when this payment will be taken on checkout and through your confirmation email.
If an automatic payment is declined, returned or cancelled, Staels Design LTD (WheelAir) reserve the right to take collection action to redeem the outstanding balance owed.
6. WheelAir Try Before You Buy Scheme Terms
By placing an order on a WheelAir ‘Try Before You Buy’ product, you agree to the following terms and conditions of this service:
- Your trial period commences on the same day that your order has been placed.
- The length of your trial period is defined on the WheelAir Try Before You Buy product page and will be confirmed in your cart, at checkout and via email confirmation once an order has been placed.
- Upon receiving your order, WheelAir will arrange delivery of a trial WheelAir to your delivery address – this is not the final WheelAir associated with your purchase. The trial WheelAir is the property of Staels Design LTD and is simply a test product to use during your trial period.
- The trial WheelAir will need to be returned at the end of your trial period regardless of whether you decide to continue on the scheme and buy, or decide to cancel your commitment to purchasing a WheelAir product. We will contact you to arrange collection of your trial WheelAir.
- Your commitment to the Try Before You Buy scheme includes a transaction fee to cover the shipping and collection of your WheelAir – this is non-refundable.
- You are only entitled to sign up to our try before you try scheme once.
- We reserve the right to cancel any Try Before You Buy scheme orders.
6.1 – Completing the Trial Period and Purchasing Your WheelAir
- At the end of your trial period, your card that you used on the Try Before You Buy Product page and confirmed during checkout will be charged in accordance to whether you decided to pay in instalments or pay outright.
- Your first installation payment will be deducted via your selected payment method directly after the final date of your trial period.
- Upon completion of your trial period, we will contact you to arrange collection of the trial WheelAir and arrange delivery of your very own brand new WheelAir in the size you ordered. If you would like a different size, just let us know and we can work to accommodate this.
6.2 – Cancelling Your Commitment to the Try Before You Buy Scheme
You may cancel your commitment to the Try Before You Buy scheme at any point during your trial period.
You can cancel your commitment to the Try Before You Buy scheme in the following ways:
- Email us at info@WheelAir.co.uk to inform us that you wish to cancel your instalment plan and finish your trial, stating the name and email address associated with your trial order
- Contact us via our contact form to inform us that you wish to cancel your instalment plan and finish your trial, stating the name and email address associated with your trial order
- Call us on 0141 432 0425 and inform us that you wish to cancel your instalment plan and finish your trial, stating the name and email address associated with your trial order – if you do not manage to get through to one of our team via phone, please ensure your cancelation is placed via an alternative method (listed above)
Upon receiving your cancellation, our team will then arrange to collect your trial WheelAir and ensure your subscription/installation payments are cancelled.
Important: Please ensure you place your online cancellation before the end of the trial period to ensure this option is still available to you.
Important: please allow at least 2 working days before the end date of your trial period – this ensures our team have enough time to process your cancellation before your first payment installation is deducted.
If you do not cancel in time and the first payment has been deducted from your account – you are also entitled to our ‘Returns Policy’ as outlined in section 9.
7. Tariffs, Taxes & VAT
Prices of the WheelAir are shown without tax because of the HMRC flat 0% tax rate relating to wheelchair products. If you are ordering from outside of the UK, you will be expected to pay tax on your product.
8. Dispatch Timescales
If in stock, we aim to dispatch your WheelAir within 2-3 working days (Monday – Friday, excluding bank holidays) of receiving your order (unless disastrous circumstances occur out with our control). If for any reason we can not meet this timescale because of stock levels, we promise to quickly inform you and let you know how long it will take to reorder. We also reserve the right to terminate the contract and return your payment to you if we are unable to meet your order within a reasonable time. If you would like to enquire about stock levels before placing your order, please feel free to get in touch.
9. Returns & Exchanges
Quality is important to us and we strive to deliver a flawless WheelAir to all our customers.
If you decide you no longer want your WheelAir you are entitled to return it to us within 14 days for a full refund. The WheelAir must be returned unused and have all additional parts intact inside the original WheelAir packaging. The card used to purchase the WheelAir will be re-credited and it can take up to 14 days before the money will appear in your account. Shipping costs are not covered by us in the case of an unwanted return and we would strongly suggest you insure your package in this instance.
You can exchange your WheelAir for a different size if you notify and return it to us within 14 days. The WheelAir must be unused in its original packaging. We will not pay for postage if you mistakenly order the wrong size.
Apart from general wear and tear, we warrant the WheelAir against specific defects for one year from the date of the original user’s purchase. Our warranty currently extends to select countries that we ship to around the globe. To qualify for warranty, the WheelAir must have its original serial number tag as well as original receipt of purchase. We will send you a pre-paid packaging slip so you can return your WheelAir to us.
Warranties are not transferable.
We do not warrant damage caused by poor treatment, accident, misuse or from improper installation or any exterior modification. Neither do we warrant if the fan box has been opened or dropped/ smashed. We do not warrant use in commercial activities, hire, reward or rental. We do not warrant if you simply change your mind after a 14 day period.
However, we do offer a repairs service for a fee. This can be regarding general wear and tear or if a fault develops after the 1 year warranty period. But we do not pay for postage in this instance.
Only express warranties will be accepted – other warranties including implied warranties of merchantability and warranties of fitness for particular purpose are not. Further, the only express warranties that are accepted are to repair or replacement of the goods. No damages for breach of any warranty include any consequential damages or exceed the cost of non-conforming goods sold.
11. Goods Damaged in Transit
Unfortunately, we are not responsible for damage which occurs after the goods have been handed to the postal or courier service. However, if you have received damaged goods, get in touch with us immediately. Please inspect your WheelAir on arrival (refuse if it is damaged) and keep all documents associated so that we can make an insurance claim against the carrier’s insurers.
12. Waiver and Severability
Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions does not mean that a waiver of such right or provision applies. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
13. Contacting Us
The easiest way is to use the form on our Contact Us page. Alternatively, you can write to: WheelAir by Staels Design PO Box 7428 Glasgow G51 9ER
Phone: 0141 432 0425
14. Applicable Law and Courts of Jurisdiction
All transactions undertaken through this website are governed by Scottish Law and any legal actions arising out of such transactions shall be subject to the Scottish legal processes and under the jurisdiction of Scottish Courts. In the event of disagreement between Staels Design LTD and its clients, which cannot be mutually resolved in a reasonable time period, customers are invited to participate in a mediation process to settle the dispute. However, this is not compulsory and does not affect the consumer’s rights to bring legal proceedings against Staels Design.